Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bought a new puter and the "tilde" key doesnt work. Can I reassign it to another key? Vista HP?

I need the tilde key to open a game console but it didnt work right from the factory. Also, as a seperate issue, my %26quot;I%26quot; and %26quot;6%26quot; button dont work. I broke them it wasnt factory. I have gone to MS and searched solutons with no luck. I Tried the keyboard/language/clock thing and cant see how to change it without changing my entire language. Is there a way to customize a specific key or change them around without changing the language from English standard? Using Vista Home Premium and on screen keyboard atm. Thank you in advance.Bought a new puter and the %26quot;tilde%26quot; key doesnt work. Can I reassign it to another key? Vista HP?
The Tilde would be available in Character Map.

Start%26gt;Programs%26gt;Accessories

System Tools%26gt;Character Map.



Or Press ALT key and enter 126.



You can use the onscreen keyboard too.



Or download one of those third party keyboard layouts.



http://www.filedudes.com/Keyboard_Manage



~Bought a new puter and the %26quot;tilde%26quot; key doesnt work. Can I reassign it to another key? Vista HP?
If it's a new computer, maybe you should get a new keyboard. At least try a diferent keyboard to see if your problem is hardware or software. What do you suppose will stop working NEXT week? At the moment, it's still partly the dealer's problem.