Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Laptop keyboard is mixing the letters up?

Hi,

* Operating system ?

* Laptop or Desktop laptop

* If name brand - Brand and Model vista

* Type of Mouse (USB/PS2/Wireless) touch-pad

* Type of Keyboard (USB/PS2/Wireless) a laptop one

* Amount of memory no idea

* Motherboard model (if known) no idea

* Video card (PCI/PCI-E/AGP) or Integrated Video (if known) no idea



I am having some problems with my laptop.

I was typing and I hit a keypad command by mistake, and now the letters on the keypad do not match up to the letters I see on the screen. (I am using a different computer as it is impossible to wright anything readable on my laptop) I went to help and support, and found a troubleshoot about keyboards, and it told me to change my keyboard layout via some input language thing. I went to the %26quot;text services and input language%26quot; place and put it to English, but the problem is still there.

I have either done the input language settings thing incorrectly, if so can I have an explanation of how to do it, or something else I can do to fix it.



q-q

w-w

e-e

r-r

t-t

y-y

u-4

i-5

o-6

p-*a

a-a

s-s

d-d

f-f

g-g

h-h

j-1

k-2

l-3

z-z

x-x

c-c

v-v

b-b

n-n

m-0



numers:

they are all fine except 0, which is/



I noticed that the letters are normal when I hold down %26quot;Fn%26quot; and type at the same time, and that all of the keys which are wrong are on the right hand side of the keyboard.Laptop keyboard is mixing the letters up?
while installing os what key board have you chosen??????

change the keyboard layout.......it is a software problem...